Wednesday, September 12, 2012

#NYFW

Since it is Fashion Week I thought I would pay homage to New York and talk about a set I made on Polyvore.com.

"She Has Arrived
"We only live once, but once is enough if we do it right. Live your life with class, dignity, and style so that an exclamation, rather than a question mark signifies it!" - Gary Ryan Blair

I decided to do some extra work for you.
Handbag, Kate Spade $458; Cuff, AX Paris $19; Blazer, Rag & Bone $655;
Jean, Citizens of Humanity $355; Lipstick, IMAN Cosmetics $10;
Tank top, Vince Favorite Tank $48; Shoe, YSL $905;
Earring, Aspinal of London $259; Necklace, H&M $21 

I absolutley love this look! I think it can be worn during spring, summer, or fall and for most any occasion. I would ABSOLUTLEY wear this to a #NYFW fashion show, definitely wear this to work, to lunch or brunch, on a second date or out on the town with my beffle Lorr Torr; Who I am sure would be in black and flip flops but that is okay lol. I could so see myself walking around, Greenwich or SoHo or around wherever that famous toy store is, with this outfit on and Lauren staring at me like "why" lol.

 I think it is the perfect outfit; even with the jewelry to transition into a night time look. You wont have to change a thing, only if you want.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my style is Classically Chic and this speaks to me on so many levels. Every aspect of this outfit has distinct and defined lines (the classic); from the blazer lapel and sleeves to the jeans, the shoe and the red lip. When I say class I mean class in the sense of style longevity i.e. the ability to wear something for many seasons or years without it going out of style. The colors bring out the chic; many of us were taught not to wear too many colors when putting together an outfit but that ideology seems to have flown out the window. I think each color compliments the other very nicely. I love the blue and yellow color combination and I paired it with white because I am a "play it safe-er"; but you could definitelty pair this outfit with a patterned shirt. ( I would probably change the jewelry though). The gold jewelry and bronzy shoe positively compliment the yellow Blazer. And if the entire outfit doesnt say enough the red lip undeniably says "I have arrived".

I am truly excited for the future and cannot wait until Ms. Funky Feminine and I are sitting front row at a few of our favorite designers fashion shows and of course "hobnobbing and rubbing elbows" at the after parties. Until then I will continue to do what others wont do now so I can do what others cant later. *publishes post and gets back to GMAT studying*


"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn" - Gore Vidal


If you stay ready you never have to get ready hunny!


 Always Stay Beautiful 

and don't forget to feed my fish below please :) 

FOLLOW ME ON
Twitter @divawomble  Instagram ashleighchanel  and Polyvore ashleigh-chanel


No comments:

Post a Comment